Saturday, February 1, 2014

Help, I can't find my dress?

So, I spent the better part of this week online, looking for my Flower Girl Dress. For those of you who don't know, my niece asked me to be her flower girl at her upcoming wedding. I said sure.

Now, it's not definite yet, as the wedding is so far away. But I'm hoping.


I'm a little worried about it. Not the fact of walking down the aisle in a flower girl dress, but more of the sorry uncle, we changed our mind. I get it though, the wedding should be about them. I don't want to take any focus away from their big day.

But I would love to do it. And admittedly, I'm sure when it comes time to walk down the aisle, I'm going to be having second thoughts myself. I'm just hoping that it will be too late to change my mind and I will have to do it.

Anyways, I'm kind of running into a wall when it comes to this topic for a few reasons. My neice has told me that they have found a couple of dresses for me. It's not that I don't trust her, but I know what I look good in, and I have a feeling, they will be picking me out something that will make me look like a drag queen, and not a Flower girl. She already told me she is going to make me wear a corset. In my eyes, Flower girls don't wear things like that. I tried to explain that to her, but she came back with "Well, most flower girls are under the age of ten, and you are over thirty."

Hell, she is right. But I want to look like a flower girl is supposed to look like and not a slutty drag queen. She's talking about fake boobs and a wig too. The wig is fine, but most flower girls don't have boobs. I got the same comeback about flower girls being under the age of ten.

I went online to pick out my own dress while she was gone this week. I found one I really like, but it might be a tad short. I can fit into a girl's size 14 easily. But the length is killing me. I want a full length dress, for two reasons. I have horribly scrawny legs, and the wedding is going to be is Seattle, in December. It's gonna be cold, especially coming from Southern Nevada. And all the girls' 14 dresses are going to be too short on my 5' 7" height.

Does anyone know where I could find a flower girl style dress in Juniors size 3 or 5 that actually looks like a Flower girl dress? I don't want tight, or strapless. I want the bodice with cap sleeve style sleeves. I want the big poofy long skirt, and I want the big ass bow on the back. That's hard to find if you are not a girl under the age of 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kisses,
Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment